20 Percent Project Week #3

Hello my name is Derek and today on April nineteenth was the third day of working on my twenty percent project. If you don’t know I’m learning Japanese for my project. I’m learning Japanese through duolingo and if you don’t know what that is its this app that help you learn new languages, math, and music. For today I was learning the characters like the letters and also learning how to draw them. While working on my twenty percent project I only encountered no struggles so I was happy. I learned two new characters and about 5 new words but the biggest accomplishment I had doing duolingo was getting to ruby league. In duolingo there you are rewarded with this point system called “xp” also there is a ranking system. And what does “xp” do it moves you up in a leader board with others that are learning the same language as you. So If you get a lot of xp you move up if you get the least amount of xp in the leaderboard you move down. For next week I want to learn more of the Japenese character. See you next week